I feel like I was just picking my kids up for their last day of school, and now their first day of school is quickly approaching. We were getting my oldest son’s back to school supplies this past weekend, and do you know what was on the list? Hand gels. Yikes. Most traditional hand cleaning gels have ingredients like alcohols, synthetic fragrances, and other chemicals I’d like my young kiddos to avoid.
We have stopped using conventional hand gels the past couple of years, and now we just make our our hand cleansing sprays using doTERRA essential oils. So I’m here today to share how you can make this easy and economical hand cleansing spray. The great thing is, this spray also doubles as a throat soothing spray if you have some throat discomfort.
*For the record, I bought the hand gels because his classroom shares community supplies, but I’ll be sending a hand cleansing spray for him in his lunchbox so he can use it before lunch. Sometimes, the situation isn’t perfect, but we do what we can.*
doTERRA OnGuard Hand Cleansing Spray
1 (2 ounce) glass or stainless steel spray bottle
10 drops of doTERRA OnGuard essential oil
1. Place the drops of OnGuard in the spray bottle.
2. Top with water.
3. Put on the spray cap, and give it a good shake before each use.
4. Enjoy! Use this to cleanse your hands, the shopping cart, tables at restaurants, airport bathrooms, and any other surface that seems a little sketchy.
1. If you are currently out of OnGuard (this has happened to me before), you can use Melaleuca in a pinch, but OnGuard is definitely my first choice for this spray.
2. If you’re feeling fancy, you can add a squirt of witch hazel to the mix, but I normally do without unless I happen to have witch hazel on hand.
3. You can now find all your essential oil supply needs on mydoterra.com/amandagerber
Here are some great ways to use doTERRA OnGuard essential oil blend. What is your favorite way to use this oil?