1. January was all about simplifying my home. February is going to be about simplifying my food choices. Be prepared for recipes, rants about sugar cravings, and raging headaches due to lack of caffeine.
2. Speaking of caffeine, our electric coffee grinder broke the other day and I was desperate for some coffee. One of my sisters had given me an antique manual coffee grinder as a bridesmaid gift, and we really weren’t expect it to work. Well, I dusted that puppy off and figured out how to grind coffee with it! It was a great accomplishment. Plus, look how cool it will look on the counter? And that’s coming from someone who doesn’t like things on her kitchen counters.
3. The weather here has been gorgeous lately. We’ve been spending lots of time outside, and my boys love to pick ALL the flowers they can find. They are so sweet and picked flowers for me, their dad, baby Sarah, Nana, Pops, Grandma, Grandpa, and the mailman.
4. This past Saturday I did yoga for the first time in years. I used to think that yoga was this easy peesy workout… Y’all, the next day there were muscles hurting that I didn’t even know I had. If you wanna get ripped, go to yoga.
5. Speaking of yoga, have you ever tried using essential oils along with your routine? I wanted to be able to come with a clear mind, and not be worrying about the stresses of life. I rolled doTERRA InTune on my wrists and it really helped to keep me grounded.
So, let’s rewind a year and a half. It had just been one of those days. I was pregnant with my third baby in three years (yes, on purpose… I’m just a little crazy), and I could feel a bug coming on. My throat had been scratchy and my energy was just depleted. Now, not only am I a little crazy, I am also a little “crunchy” so for the most part, my motto was to grin and bear it.
Well, at that time I was also working night shifts at a local coffee shop. While I was on shift, my dear friend knew I was feeling under the weather and gave me a sample of a blend on essential oils, known as OnGuard. OnGuard that helps support your body’s immune system. So we chatted about essential oils for a bit and then I went back to working and drinking hot tea with lemon and honey to help soothe my throat. My throat continued hurting all night long.
When I finally made it back home after work I started researching essential oils. I had already been doing some research prior to this, but before I commit to anything I like to make sure to really educate myself. While I searching online I had opened the OnGuard sample and loved the scent right away; it smelt like Christmas. So there I was researching, and I realized that a few minutes later my throat was feeling better, simply from smelling the oil. From that point on I followed my friend’s instructions to apply OnGuard, diluted with coconut oil, every hour and by the end of the next day I was feeling as good as new. I have been in love with essential oils ever since!
These essential oils have truly blessed my family. I am able to use a combination of Lemon, Lavender and Peppermint oil (diluted) on my boys and it helps support their bodies to combat seasonal issues and those annoying symptoms. I use the citrus oils for cleaning instead of cleaners from the grocery store that are full of toxic chemicals. I’ve been able to use citrus essential oils to help uplift my mood. The results have been amazing.
For anyone interested in learning more about essential oils, please email me at email@example.com.
DISCLAIMER: This information is not regulated by the FDA and is not intended to cure or treat disease. It is for informational purposes only. I am just a mom, not a doctor, sharing my experience with essential oils and how they’ve helped my family.