1. So, we are potty training Timmy right now. A note of advice: be prepared for accidents. It’s not a matter of if they will happen, but when they will happen.
2. The other day when Nathan went out to feed the chickens, he came back with these eggs. Check out the extra LONG egg!
3. On super busy days, I’ve learned to multitask. Doing my workout and listening to a personal development documentary at the same time. I really like this workout DVD: Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. The personal development DVD is called The Rise of the Entrepreneur by Eric Worre. Good stuff!
4. Today at Lowe’s, we passed by the riding lawnmowers. Noah spotted the John Deere and said, “Nothing runs like a Deere!” (Too bad his Pops drives a Kubota!).
5. I went to the post office this week to mail out essential oil samples with all my boys. We had rules: Listen to mommy and hold hands. Well, I had to let go of the big boys hands while I was paying for the shipping and holding Isaac on my hip. The boys decided it would be appropriate to spin around all in circles and sing “Ring Around the Rosie.” At least the old couple behind us thought it was cute.
1. Isaac is a dancing fool. If you put on his jam (If You’re Happy and You Know It) be prepared to laugh so hard you think you’ll pee your pants. It’s that funny.
2. I found a rock in the kids’ laundry hamper this week… and a Lego… and a puzzle piece.
3. Only 2 of our 4 hens are laying. I am seriously debating on making some fresh fried chicken.
4. So I made this ridiculously awesome bruschetta the other day. I’ll just leave this picture up here for your viewing pleasure. Don’t worry, I will post the recipe next week!
5. Week 3 of the Wellness Challenge has proven to be a difficult one. Due to weather conditions… and other conditions that don’t need to be discussed on this blog… I’ve had a ridiculously tough time staying motivated. Any tips?
1. We have backyard chickens again! After a chicken massacre a couple of months ago, we went without chickens for a while. Thanks to our friends Ginger and Steve for giving us a few of their laying hens!
2. The boys are so cute to watch with their newborn cousin, Hannah (who Noah lovingly calls “Hannah Banana”). They will tiptoe quietly in her room, whisper back and forth to each other and then as soon as they get out of her room, they go back to jumping and squealing.
3. Timothy decided to redecorate their room during naptime. Note to self: Just because he is quiet, it doesn’t necessarily mean he is sleeping!
4. Lavender and Vetiver essential oils smell amazing together and do wonders for peaceful sleeping! My husband, who can be a little picky about essential oil scents, really liked this combination diffusing the other day when he got home.
5. Speaking of my husband, he preached this past Sunday morning and did and AMAZING job. Something magical happens when you are able to witness watching your spouse live out their calling. I highly encourage you to try and observe your spouse in “their element,” whether that’s in the ministry, wood working, managing a business, ect. It deepens your appreciation for them and reminds you of all the reasons you fell in love with them in the first place.