Ok, y’all, now I’ve started making my own almond milk I’m not going back to store bought almond milk. There’s just no comparison, you guys. The taste is smoother and cleaner. My husband, who never liked almond milk before, actually likes this almond milk! So, just take my advice and go do it! It’s so easy to make, and you’ll have NO regrets. I got my recipe from Kris Carr. If you’re vegan, vegetarian, or just want to start eating healthier, go check her out.
Here’s how easy it is. You ready for it? Let’s go!
- 1 cup of almonds
- 4 cups of filtered water
- 2 pitted dates
- Pinch of salt
- Nut milk bag
- Glass jar with a lid for storing.
- Soak your almond for 6-8 hours. This not only makes them softer for your blender, but helps with digestion as well.
- Drain your soaked almonds, give them a rinse, and place in a blender.
- Put the filtered water, dates, and salt in the blender.
- Blend for a good 2 minutes.
- While it’s all blending, line a large bowl (needs to hold at least 32 ounces of liquid) with your nut milk bag. I like to use a liquid measuring bowl so I can easily pour it.
- Once it’s all blended, pour into your lined bowl.
- Squeeze the milk out of the nut milk bag. You’re basically “milking” the bag to make sure you get all this liquid gold. You should get 32 ounces.
- Store in a glass jar with a lid for up to 3 days.
- Enjoy on it’s own, in your morning coffee/tea, or anywhere else you like to use almond milk!
Now, I’ve love to know… what’s your favorite nut milk? I might have to try to make them all!
One thought on “Almond Milk Recipe”