1. Who knew Christmas time brought on show much family cuteness? I am loving watching my kids perform in their little Christmas plays and sing Christmas songs at home. Timothy had his performance last night, and he was a hoot! This guy is normally a bit reserved when he is in the spotlight, but he sang SO well and so loud the whole audience could hear. I found out later he was bribed with a popsicle. Apparently, they were told that if they sang really loud they would all get popsicles! Now I know what my most effective parenting strategy will be: bribery.
2. We finally got our first real cold front here in Corpus Christi, Texas. You know, that first front when you’re forced to turn on the heater and wear fuzzy socks that usually just take up space in your sock drawer. Apparently, it’s also when you discover all your boys’ pants are high watered on them. We know what they will all be getting for Christmas!
3. I am also pretty excited that it is now officially “beanie weather,” AKA: I-don’t-need-to-worry about-my-hair-weather. I’m attempting to grow it out, and it’s at that awkward length where I would normally cut it, but now I’m really trying to grow it out and currently can’t stand it. So hopefully this cold front will keep up for a few weeks, and I can feel better about my life.
4. Today I went on an oil run to a friend in need of OnGuard for a sore throat (Again, thank you, cold front). She told me she was at work at a new establishment called Raw Bar. This is my new favorite place. There’s fresh juices, smoothies, power bowls and homemade pestos. It’s so good and provides space for working and studying too! If you’re in the area, you’ve got to try it out!
5. Thanks for all of you readers who have shared the love this past week, as I’ve been blogging again! Your thoughts and love are appreciated!